Sunday, September 18, 2005

Want to peel that W sticker off your car yet?

Ok. It's the middle of the night, I can't sleep because my back is killing me from my trip to the emergency room and I'm reading the news, which is a bad idea because that means reading about Bush.

I can hear it now. "He's not going to lay into the Republicans, is he?" Yes, you bet your oil-guzzling asses I am.

For all you people who not only re-elected W, but continue to stand by him as he earns his reputation as a fuck-up, answer this, please. What are you going to do when a disaster of some sort finds its way into your backyard? You know, that perfectly manicured acre or two, with the big mini-mansion sitting on it, 3 SUV's in the driveway, all with the standard-issue Bush stickers, possibly some yellow "Support the Troops" ribbons... I digress. What are you going to do? Is your precious president going to come to your aid? You think so? Even after Katrina?

Most Republicans probably are thinking, "Well, our prez just didn't care about the poor blacks, we was too busy figuring out how to get us some more tax breaks. Fuck the poor blacks. " They're thinking that they're in the "club." If the hurricane had hit their posh country club, disaster relief would have rolled in immediately, even if it meant running over a group of poor blacks to get to them. This attitude held by so many Republicans is what is referred to in Literature as a "tragic flaw."

WAKE UP AMERICA: Your government will not be there for you. George Bush and everyone he works with sat on their asses while thousands suffered and died. We have seen so many examples in the past few weeks of just how out of touch these people are with reality. Their incompetence has cost many lives.

This was "just" a hurricane. I say just because it's a natural disaster that occurs every year, in the same regions. We know they're coming every year, and we know that some are dangerous, some are insanely dangerous. To hear the leadership of this nation drone on about how they never saw it coming... What the hell? Are we supposed to accept that?

What do you think will happen when there's a real surprise? You know, something even worse like a pandemic, or a biological attack? Do you still feel safe? Do you think this buffoon of a president or anyone associated with him is going to swoop in and save you? Don't count on it; I know I'm not.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ibee Frank said...

I of course agree. I am with the many others trying to hold back the "told you so" from every single conversation I have with the drones out there for W.

Speaking of biological attacks... did you see the news in Google about the three mice that went missing from a university bioterrorism lab? First thought I had was that the terrorists were taking a target of opportunity, getting ready to spread the plague.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home